Martin Wheel Company was founded in 1946 as a distributor of slow speed wheels. With the development of a multi-notched tire that would fit several brands of reel-type lawnmowers, the Company rapidly grew in the lawn and garden wheel and tire business.
In 1975 the Company acquired the industrial pneumatic division of Allied Wheel in Toledo Ohio, and Sure Cut, Incorporated in Cleveland Ohio. The expanded engineering and manufacturing capabilities enabled Martin Wheel to become a major producer of slow speed industrial, outdoor power equipment, turf care, agricultural and recreational equipment wheels. The company expanded distribution throughout the United States and Canada.
Martin Wheel joined forces with Kenda USA in 1999. Martin Wheel became ISO Certified in 2002 and completed a fourth building expansion in 2003.
Martin Wheel continues to serve original equipment manufacturers, aftermarket distributors, and retailers by providing quality engineered products and outstanding customer support.
For over 60 years, Martin Wheel Company products have:
rolled hard working machines to the worksite
propelled pros and weekend warriors on the finest turf care machines
trucked products across the factory floor
gauged the farmer’s furrows to keep them straight
trundled cameras for movie makers
hustled tool boxes in racing pit garages
towed boats and campers to that favorite vacation spot
carried precious cargo on amusement rides at the largest theme parks
wheeled the first commercial hand fertilizer spreader
sped Soap Box Derby racers to the finish line
moved a national treasure, the Liberty Bell